Monday, February 19, 2007



I have had enough this month really of people saying hey your stuff changes all the time, your biting this person, your stuff is kind of like this, the truth is yes, it probably is, because I consider myself to be an informed and impressionable mind, one that is constantly transient in order to avoid stagnation and slumber. To say your not as an artist/illustrator/creative is a lie.



When I was a kid, I just sort of looked at how the artists who worked for 2000AD or DC made there ideas come to life, I borrowed from my peers, just as they had borrowed from theres. The more stuff I was interested the more it fueled different directions in my art. I never studied art, all the semantics, all the semiology, its all bullshit, I just loved looking at things and see how they were made, how it was done, how did Bisley get the shading like that, or how Don Bluth and Disney got everything so flat. In later life I vaguely discovererd the great echelon of artists but throughout my life its been the people and work around me that has informed what I do, and I feel proud and honest that I choose to acknowledge it in my stuff as opposed to those who hide behind thinly veiled masks and shields, of inability and lack lustre.



Now I'm not a man of heavy public opinion and I rarely pine on about the sort of social aspects of art and the public forum it exists, but sometimes I wish people would just shut up the fuck and just get on with life, theres too much time spent hating on shit. I do what I do, if you don't want to look at it, then don't. Its as simple as that.

Posted by Oldandnew @ 8:51 am

Read or Post a Comment

Actually, I had that exact same rant! Biter!

Posted by Blogger Russell, Analogue @ 6:44 am #
 

At least you keep it fresh, instead of churning out the same tired old pish.

Posted by Blogger Loop @ 12:01 pm #
 
<< Home